Now that you’re a homeowner, you’re going to have a lot of questions. We know there’s a lot more to successful homeownership than just making your monthly payments on time. Volunteer Mortgage Loan Servicing is here to help you make the most of the largest investment you’re likely to ever make—your home!
- Avoiding Scams
- Credit Scores
- Home Maintenance & Improvement
- Homeowner Counseling
- Options to Avoid Foreclosure
- Protecting Your Rights
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law’s Loan Modification Scam Prevention Network
- NeighborWorks America’s Loan Modification Scam Alert Campaign
- Single Source’s AnnualCreditReport.com
Maintenance & Home Improvement:
- THDA’s Home Maintenance Guide
- THDA’s Home Repair Programs
- Tennessee Dept. of Commerce’s Licensed Contractor Search
- U.S. Dept. of Energy’s Energy Saving Tips
Options to Avoid Foreclosure:
Protecting Your Rights:
The Tennessee Attorney General’s Office and THDA operate a joint program that provides free legal assistance to qualified homeowners who facing legal issues related to foreclosure and predatory lending practices.
The American Bar Association (FindLegalHelp.org) helps homeowners find lawyers in their area when they need legal help.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (consumerfinance.gov) helps ensure the fair and consistent enforcement of federal financial rules and empowers consumers to take more control over their economic lives.
The National Fair Housing Advocate Online (fairhousing.com) is a resource for information regarding housing discrimination.